Girls Getting Ahead Leadership provides an opportunity for 7th-12th grade immigrant & refugee girls to prepare for college, improve academic skills, and build leadership skills.
GGAL Program Includes:
• Weekly Workshops: Provide information on planning, financing, preparing for college; accessing resources; and about career exploration.
• Group Activities: Cultural- sharing events such as Cultural Cooking workshops and networking opportunities with professional women and college students.
Check out the video by Amy Her talking about her Service Learning Experience with WISE
Program Schedule, Location & Transportation:
- Washington Tech Magnet School, 1495 Rice St, St Paul, MN 55117 Saturdays at 11am-2pm, Room TBD
- Fairview Alternative High School, 1910 County Road B W, Roseville, MN 55113 Fridays at 11:25am-12:41pm, 2nd floor conference room
- Roseville Area Middle School, 15 County Road B2 E, Little Canada, MN 55117 Tuesdays & Thursdays at 2:50-3:50pm
- Roseville Area High School, 1240 W County Road B2, Roseville, MN 55113 Wednesdays & Thursdays at 2:50-3:50pm, Room B206
- Leap High School, 631 N Albert St, St Paul, MN 55104
Fridays at 4-5:30pm, Media Center
Family members are encouraged to bring their daughter to the program, or participants are encouraged to take the public transportation system.
Participants who attend workshops on time will receive 2 bus tokens or $3 to assist with transportation costs.
Financial Incentives for Participation
$250 Scholarship Opportunity
Participants of GGAL have the opportunity to earn $250 once GGAL Alumnae have successfully completed 1 year of college, (by providing WISE with college transcripts to ensure good grades).
Program Manager – Angela Denow – email@example.com